The text is written in one column. 175 mm x 135 mm35-3915-18Note: Chapters and their numbers are indicated in the margins.
8201 mm x 160 mmThere is modern foliation in pencil in the top margins (1-8).
The watermark is a coat of arms of Amsterdam.
The countermark consists of the letters "DI".
The details are:
- Fol. 2: "blank"
- Fol. 3: coat of arms (crown)
- Fol. 4: "blank"
- Fol. 5: coat of arms (crown)
- Fol. 6: coat of arms (lions)
- Fol. 7: "blank"
- Fol. 8: coat of arms (lions)
There is earlier pagination in brown and black ink in the top outer corners (145-160),
which is the continuation of the pagination in AM 585 c 4to.
There are two quires:
There are no quire signatures.There are catchwords on every page.
- Quire I: fols. 1-2 (1+2) (1 bifolium) Note: Fols. 1 and 2 were joined later on,
possibly during restoration. Originally, fol. 1 belonged to the last quire of
AM 585 c 4to and fol. 2 formed the outer most bifolium of the following
quire together with fol. 1 of AM 585 a 4to.
- Quire II: fols. 3-8 (3+8, 4+7, 5+6) (3 bifolia). Note: There used to be 4 bifolia in this quire (see above).
- The leaves have darkened, especially at quire boundaries.
- There are smaller stains.
- The edges have been trimmed, so that some of the marginalia was lost.
Info: The same hand as in AM 345 4to etc.
He used hybrida, chancery and kurrent script, changing from one to the other. The catchwords were written in kurrent script.
- Initial: The main initials span 4-6 lines. They are emphasised by means of several bold and thin lines.
Other initials are written only slightly larger than the text.
- Paratext: The rubrics and first lines of the texts are written in larger letters of chancery script.
- Paratext: The catchwords are decorated with different squiggles.
- Paratext: The end of the last text is written in the shape of a half diamond.
- There are a few additions in the margins.
The manuscript is bound in a grey cardboard binding from the time of
Jens Jacob Weber
, i.e. 1771-1780.
The shelfmark (including the letter) and the title of the saga were written on the front cover.
On the spine, there are remnants of two stickers for the shelfmark and the running number.
The pastedown is made from printed material.
There is no additional material.
The codicological unit was written in Iceland
by Jón Þórðarson.
According to the colophon it was written in